Electric Mowers are designed to make gardening easier and effortless. With the advancement of technology, the gardening world has experienced a new form of mowing with Electric lawn mowers. Unlike traditional gas-powered lawn mowers, electric mowers are less noisy and produce much lesser emissions.
Electric lawn mowers are basically battery-powered lawn mowers, which makes the task of mowing comparatively easier. With numerous features to offer, these mowers have been topping the charts and have become first preference of every household.
Usually, they are small in size and occupies much less space in your garage.
However, electric mowers are only good for small to medium- sized lawns, because you cannot expect a battery to produce the same horsepower that a gasoline engine puts out.
They can be categorized into two parts. Each has its own pros and cons. However, both of them enjoy the noise and emission benefits. Take a look at the two:
- Corded Lawnmowers– One of the cheapest options, but the main issue with these lawnmowers is that their range is limited by their length. There is a lot of risk of chords getting entangled while mowing, or worse, running over the chords with the mower and stripping them into two. So, these type of mowers works great in case of small lawns. However, they are not good with thicker grass.
- Cordless lawnmower– They are an expensive option, but more convenient and easier to use. Now, the most annoying thing while mowing is to stop half the way and wait for the battery to be recharged again. Their battery life is limited, thus they don’t operate as long as gas lawn mowers.
However, most of the models even come with two batteries and possess a battery indicator, which lets you know just how much power you have left before the battery needs to be recharged.
Cordless mowing is definitely more user-friendly and makes mowing a lot easier and quicker.
Reasons for Investing in Electric Mowers
Electric mowers are admired by people worldwide. Take a look at some of the benefits of investing in an electric mower:
- Saves Money– Electric lawn mowers are not only an excellent choice but even helps you to save money. With gas powered mowers a lot of money goes into buying gasoline and new spark plugs. With electric mowers, there is no requirement for all such things.
- Eco- friendly- Cut your grass with quiet, clean energy from a battery with these electric lawn mowers.
- Easy-to-use– They are usually lighter and easier to operate than the gas powered mowers. With these mowers, maneuvering becomes easier, which eventually saves a lot of time.
Finding the best push cordless lawn mower is a daunting task because of the numerous products out in the market. Take a look at some of the best electric mowers by some of the best brands:
Black & Decker CM1936ZA 36V Cordless Lawn Mower, 19″
The Black and Decker mower is a cordless, Energy Star certified which allows it to use less energy, therefore helps to save money. It’s a 3-in-1 cordless mower which allows you to bag, mulch, or rear discharge with just push of a button.
- Weight– One of the main issues is that this electric mower weighs 90 pounds due to its lead-acid battery. On top of it, it does not have self-propulsion, which takes a lot of your strength to push the mower the whole time. Therefore, manually pushing the mower can become quite difficult and that too with a load of a bag full of grass clippings attached.But, it folds down for easy, compact storage.
- Battery-This mower runs on a 30-pound removable lead-acid 36-Volt battery. A fully charged battery can work on a 1/3-acre lawn without a recharge.
- Storage– It comes with a huge storage capacity so that you can store some tools in it.
- Height Adjustment– It comes with soft grips and easy handle height adjustment. It gives you 3 height options to choose from. One- touch adjustment system to set your blade height is one of the easy-to- use features.
- Deck– Itis made from a highly durable polymer material that will continue till life even after working on most rugged terrains.
- Cordless electric lawn mower with removable 36V battery for cutting lawns up to 1/3 acre
- 19" 3-in-1 deck: mulching; bagging, and rear discharging
- Starts instantly with a key and quick pull of the handle
- Single lever height adjustment for cutting heights of 1-1/2 in. to 3-1/2 inches
- Folds down for easy, compact storage
One of the best parts about this mower is that this mower is much quieter than gas mowers and releases zero emissions in your yard.
GreenWorks 25302 G-MAX 40V Twin Force 20-Inch Cordless Lawn Mower
GreenWork is a brand that is known for its innovations and upgraded technology. GreenWork 25302 is one of the powerful cordless mowers that delivers one of the superior cutting performance.
The main highlighting feature of this mower is its Power Save feature which is designed to maximize run time and battery life.
- Battery– It operates on two 40 Volt Lithium ion batteries that yield an improved battery life. It comes with a dual motor design that powers two10-inch metal blades. Using two shorter blades rather than a single long blade helps deliver one of the finest cuts. It also means that the collection bag can hold more of these clippings at any given time.
- Cutting width– The Twin Force G-MAX has a 20 inch cutting width. It comes with only two cutting options, i.e. mulching and rear bagging and offers 5-position cutting height adjustment that can be adjusted as per your inclinations.
- Settings– Blade height can be easily adjusted with a single lever mechanism. It is every easy to start and use. The speed of the 2 cutting blades is automatically adjusted according to the type of the grass. Like, in case of thick grass, the speed automatically increases.
- G-MAX 40V Li-Ion Battery System powers multiple tools for complete yard work system--includes (1) 4AH Battery, (1) 2AH Battery, and Charger
- 20-Inch cutting deck offers a great balance of maneuverability and cutting capacity making it ideal for mid-sized areas
- Innovative Smart Cut technology adjusts for power or runtime based on the thickness of your grass
- Dual blades offer better cut quality, superior mulching and bagging capabilities. Automatic battery switchover pulls power from the second battery once the first is depleted to eliminate downtime
- Kindly review the user manual under Technical Specification for troubleshooting steps and set up instructions
Yes, it may sound bit expensive but the overall experience and usage justify the price tag. Infact given its price range it is one of the best cordless lawn mowers within its given price range.
Earthwise 50220 20-Inch Side Discharge/Mulching/Bagging Electric Lawn Mower
Earthwise is a brand that is known to make environment-friendly products as their mowers yield no fumes. No doubt, Earthwise 50220 is one of the most admirable lawn mowers in the market. Its handle is gently sloped to form a “V,” and comes with cushioned grips.
Take a look at some other features:
- Ergonomics– It is easy to switch on or off and blade controls are easily accessible from the handles. Out of all, the best feature is the device for the cord that prevents an extension cord from disconnecting during mowing your lawn. Installing it is really easy and takes even less than 10 minutes.
- Weight– This electric mower is lightweight in nature, which is the best part as it becomes easier to push it. Moreover, its large wheels make it easy to maneuver and ensures comfort while mowing.
- Height adjustments– It does offer a single lever height adjustment that is located right in front of the right rear wheel. It comes with a triple discharge option: mulch, rear bag and side discharge.
- Deck – It features a 20 inch cutting deck, which is made up of steel. The blades are larger than normal electric lawn mowers and therefore you need to exercise more speed to plow through thicker growth.
Given the price and overall good performance, this is truly worth the investment.
WORX WG775 Lil’Mo 14-Inch Cordless Lawn Mower with Removable Battery
This small size cordless lawn mower is only suitable for small yards. The best part is that it eliminates the need for gasoline and produces fewer emissions and sound than other gas mowers. The Worx WG775 comes with a limited two year consumer warranty.
Take a look at other features:
- Battery– The Worx WG775 is powered by a 24 volt batterythat can mow up to half an hour and cut up to ¼ an acre.The lawn mower has overall dimensions of 26.8 x 16.1 x 13.2 inches, which makes it easier to mow even the tighter corners of the lawn. This 24 volt battery can be easily removed.
- Cutting Width– It has a cutting deck width of fourteen inches, which is perfect to mow a small size lawn. It is the narrowest cutting decks you can find on a power rotary style lawn mower. But, then the task and time increase as you need to make more passes to finish the job.
- Settings– It provides you with 3-in-1 function; mulch, rear and discharge the clippings. As its size is small, the size of rear bag is also small. It fills up fast making to clear the bag time and again.
- Cuts up to 6,000 square feet with a single charge
- Easily manageable mower - only 33 pounds!
- 3-in-1 functionality: mulches, rear-discharges and bags
- Removable battery for convenient charging separate from mower
- Push-button start switch - no pull cords
Overall, it delivers a finely cut grass that would suit the requirements of a small lawn.
A beautiful looking lawn demands regular maintenance; may it be watering, aerating or mowing the lawn, it takes a little effort to keep your lawn neat and green.
Go in for the effortless electric lawnmowers and make your mowing experience enjoyable in itself.