You might have seen a lot of people having or craving about having a grass lawn. The lovely touch, feel and look of the grass is enriching and lively in itself. A lawn is basically a huge area with naturally sprouted grass all over and is without any trees.
In the earlier era, it was used as an area where farmers used to graze their livestock. But, in today’s time grass lawns have become more of a status symbol.
Beautiful things need maintenance. A well-groomed lawn is a pretty sight, but a lot of maintenance and work goes into keeping the grass lawns beautiful.
You have to weed the grass, fertilize, aerate and water the grass to keep the lawn tidy and immaculate. Now for all this, lawn movers come to the rescue.
A lawn mower is basically a machine used to cut the grass. Without lawnmowers, it would take a lot of manpower on large lawns that could prove to be quite an onus task. There are different types of lawn mowers to suit different types of needs.
Buying a lawn mower is not as easy a task as it seems. It can be really daunting and even prove to be a hassle.
One of the predominant factors while making a purchase is the cost. Basically, you need a perfect type of lawn mower that’s suits your lawn requirements and won’t make a hole in your pocket.
To begin with, let’s take a look at the types of lawn mowers available to suit different type of lawn requirements.
Factors to Consider Before You Buy One :
As we have discussed, that different types of lawn mowers suit different types of requirements. So, before making a purchase you need to analyze your requirements and pre-plan your budget.
- Size– There are ample amount of features and factors to think about while choosing a lawn mower, but start with size. But think about storage too. Will your mower fit in your shed or garage?
The keynote here is, that the bigger your lawn, the bigger your mower should be. For an example let’s take cricket stadium, it’s a large lawn and you need a mower accordingly. Supposedly, you want to mow a tennis court, which comes under the medium-sized lawn. Anything smaller than this would come under a small-sized lawn.
- Gasoline or Battery Mowers– Electric lawn mowers don’t operate as long as gas lawn mowers. A gas mower can keep going as long as there is fuel in the tank.The most important attribute for an electric lawn mower is power because it can be really annoying to stop in the middle and wait for your mower battery to recharge, to resume work again. So, in case you want to mow a smaller yard, go for battery- powered mowers and for larger areas, gasoline mowers would be a good choice.
- Cost– Overall, the budget plays a very important part at the time of final purchase decision. With all the mowers, comes different types of cost structure. Now, cost here includes not only the initial purchase cost but also the running cost of these mowers. For example, for battery powered mowers the battery will lose some of its recharging capabilities, with time and will have to be replaced, which may prove to be expensive. To run gasoline mowers, you need gas or oil which is high priced. So, go for a mower that provides you with all the necessary required features to mow your lawn, and fits well in your budget.
- Width of the Blade– Cut width indicates how wide a swath of grass you can mow in a single pass, i.e. wider the blade, the more grass it cuts. If you have large or rectangular area go for a mower with a wide cutting path.
- Design– A heavier lawn mower can be difficult for some homeowners, especially older adults, who may face trouble pushing a heavy machine around. In case you have a big yard, then go for the mower with large wheels, as it makes it easier to turn the mower.
- Adjustable Settings– It is always recommended to go for a mower that has adjustable height and adjustable handle settings, even if you have you shed out some more bucks for this feature. It makes storing of the lawnmower easier and enables you to cut your lawn to the height you require.
- Motor– If you intend to cut really high grass, opt for a higher horsepower model. The position of the motor is also important. If the motor is in front, it will give you more power. If the motor is in the back, it will give you better visibility.
- Volume of the Bag– Now in case you are mowing a large area, emptying the bag over and over again, can prove to be a hassle. So, make sure you choose a mower with a large enough clipping bag.
Now, it depends on what type and size of lawn you want to mow. Take a look at which mower would serve your purpose well. For Smaller Lawns For Medium Lawns For Large Lawns For any Purpose or size In the starting, operating or using a lawnmower may seem to be not an easy task, but once you get handy with it, it becomes a real easy and an effortless task. Take a look at these points on how you can use a lawn mower: There are an ample number of benefits on why you should be using a mower over other traditional methods. Let’s take a look at them: With time, technology changes. Always keep in mind that efficient modern techniques and technology do yield the best results. You can either stick with a traditional gasoline-powered mower, or electric lawn mower. Just make sure that you select the type of mower, which is right for your circumstances and maintain it properly.
What Lawn Mower Suits Your Lawn?
If you have a smaller and a flat lawn with no obstacles then go for an electric mower.
For most average-sized lawns, either an electric mower or a push mower are perfectly adequate. Go for the push mower if you don’t want to rely on power cords, batteries or gasoline, plus it is much less expensive.
Go for the petrol lawnmowers as they are designed for tackling large lawns as well as grass that’s thick or overgrown. However, to avoid the physical excursion while cutting these huge lawns, you can even opt for the cordless Electric mowers. But then charging of battery stands quite a task.
Now, for this go for the Zero Turning Mowers. They suit any type of terrain. Whether hill or incline, they work well in any area. This is one of the main reason for their growing popularity. However, make sure you get them operated via some skilled person only.
How to Use a Lawn Mower:
Benefits of Choosing a Mower:
Now, it depends on what type and size of lawn you want to mow. Take a look at which mower would serve your purpose well.
For Smaller Lawns
For Medium Lawns
For Large Lawns
For any Purpose or size
In the starting, operating or using a lawnmower may seem to be not an easy task, but once you get handy with it, it becomes a real easy and an effortless task. Take a look at these points on how you can use a lawn mower:
There are an ample number of benefits on why you should be using a mower over other traditional methods. Let’s take a look at them:
With time, technology changes. Always keep in mind that efficient modern techniques and technology do yield the best results.
You can either stick with a traditional gasoline-powered mower, or electric lawn mower. Just make sure that you select the type of mower, which is right for your circumstances and maintain it properly.