A zero turn mower has no turning radius and can turn inside its own footprint. It drives much faster than a similar conventional riding mower. Any mower that is capable of turning a perfect 360 degree without moving an inch either is a Zero turn mower.
Mostly these lawnmowers are used in commercial settings, but with companies coming with less-expensive versions, zero turn lawn mowers have made their place in residential settings too.
However, it is always recommended to use it after certain skills or take help of a professional.
Benefits of Zero Turn Lawn Mower
Though zero turn mowers are the most expensive kind and buying a quality one will not be cheap, but looking at its benefits it’s worth the money. Take a look:
- Saves time– As they are significantly faster than any other type of mower, they reduce the mowing time to nearly half. This eventually saves your gas power and reduces cost.
- Flexible– They work well on any type of terrain, i.e. even amongst any obstacles they deliver the finest quality cut. The best part is that they bend down and cut extremely close to the edge, which chop up leaves better and more efficiently than with riding lawn mowers. Eventually, they are much easier on your body.
- Maneuverability– The zero turn mowers allow for maximum maneuverability. It allows you to control each wheel independently. You just have to move your arms and take directions like forward, backward, right, or left. Convenience is the main feature of Zero- Turn mowers.
Let’s take a look at some of the best Zero turn mowers available in the market:
Husqvarna 967324101 V-Twin 724 cc Zero Turn Mower
This riding mower is perfect for large acres of lawn, as you can ride your mower while mowing your lawn.It weighs 598 pound which is a bit heavy than other lawnmowers.
It is a combination of perfect Engine, clutch, comfort and everything about this riding mower is striking.
Take a look at some of its features:
- Engine– It comes with a much powerful V-Twin 724CC engine that is powered by Briggs and Stratton. These V-engines are really powerful and are used in Harley Davidson motorbikes. But these engines only run on gasoline.
- Clutches– Its electrical clutches with the steel designed blades, along with some added innovative features make it one of the best zero turn mowers.
- Ergonomics– The ergonomics of this model is really convenient and designed keeping the user in mind. You can easily move the mower to left and right without any difficulty.
- Air filtration– It features premium air filtration. Air is drawn from the top and bottom of the deck enhancing the delivery of a smooth cut.
- B&S 24hp v-twin endurance engine
- 54-Inch reinforced stamped cutting deck
- Electric clutch for easy blade engagement
- Dual hydro-gear EZT transmission
- 4 anti-scalp rollers
The steel deck reinforces durability and the added strength. Features like: anti-foot slip area bumper with integrated LED headlights that allows moving your lawn even at night, rear engine guard and automatic park brake system are bound to grab your eyeballs.
Poulan Pro 967330901 Briggs V-Twin Pro Cutting Deck Zero Turn Riding Mower
This lawn tractor is a perfect machine to mow your medium to large- sized lawns with any obstacles. Its zero turn radius is one of the main reasons of its trending on number one in the market.
Some people may find it little pricey as the price is on the higher end, but then looking at a zero-turn version, it is totally worth it.
- Engine– The P46ZX is powered by a 22 HP Briggs & Stratton Professional Series engine, known as V-Twin Pro engine. This engine can cut and trim at the speed up to 6 mph.
- Deck– A 46-inch stamped reinforced mowing deck ensures durability and large coverage while mowing, which eventually reduces the lawn mowing time to a significant extent. 46” RZ reinforced deck has a 10-year warranty.
- Maneuverability– Dual hydro-gear EZT drive system makes it easy to maneuver around your lawn and works very well under all obstacles like trees, flowerbeds, etc. The access panel is within your reach. Overall, it is very convenient and easy to operate.
- Comfort– It features the signature 15” extra-high Poulan Pro back seat that is really comfortable as you ride this mower around the lawn. The foam padded dual levers provides for an easy grip.
- Cutting Height– It features an adjustable cutting height that ranges from 1.5 in. to 4 in. in 1/2 in. increments. That means it allows you to trim as close to the ground as possible. Eventually, you are bound to use it less and save on your gas.
- 22 HP Briggs v-twin pro engine
- 46-Inch stamped reinforced deck 10 year warranty
- Hydro gear EZT transmission
- Electric clutch
- 3.5 Gallon fuel tank
A digital hour meter, a nose roller, 3 anti-scalp rollers are some of the add-ons. Overall, it is amazing and will mow your lawn very fast.
Swisher ZTR2766BS Response 27 HP 66-Inch B&S ZTR Mower
Swisher is a brand that carries the legacy of more than 60 years of experience in itself.Made in USA, undoubtedly it is the most powerful zero-turning riding mower available in the market.
The highlighting part is that it allows you to turn the machine a full 360 degrees along.
- Engine– It features a 27HPP B&S engine powered by Briggs and Stratton. The mower can move at a very fast speed of 8 mph both forwards and backwards. The speed is really impressive and yet it manages to deliver one of the finest cut. It offers an 8 gallon fuel tank that is large enough.
- Deck– It has a massive 66″ cutting deck made from 11-gauge fabricated steel equipped with three gator mulching blades and a foot assisted deck lift that allows you to change the cutting heights.
- Comfort– The Hydro Gear 2800 transmission and the Ogura clutch makes for an exceptionally smooth and comfortable ride.
- 27hp Briggs & Stratton engine
- 66" 11-gauge fabricated cutting deck
- Hydro Gear 2800 transmissions/Ogura clutch
- Foot assisted deck lift
- Made in the USA
The zero turn radius and its response system deliver efficiency and quality cut leading to a clean-looking lawn. It demands very low maintenance cost. Once you start using it, you will find the price tag completely justified.
Troy-Bilt Mustang 54 25HP 54-Inch Zero-Turn Mower
For lawns with many sharp turns and obstacles Troy- Bilt Mustang is a perfect fit. Troy Bilt has been making zero-turn tractors from quiet a long time. The Mustang XP comes in several versions of varying size and engine power.
The Mustang 54 inch zero-turn tractor is an improvement over its older versions of zero-turn mowers and is under warranty for 3 years.Take a look at its features:
- Engine– It features the Briggs & Stratton engines and uses twin hydrostatic transmissions. It has a fuel capacity of 2.8 gallons.
- Settings– It features 8 positions of height settings that are simply amazing and add to the maximum convenience possible. It also has a button-operated electric PTO clutch and an increased leg room for a more comfortable ride. The integrated rear bumper provides protection to both operator and machine.
- Deck– The cutting deck measures 54 inches that is wide enough and works well even on areas of uneven terrain.It has three blades that ensure maximum efficiency. In crux, it can tackle large yards with ease.
- Mow your law quickly and efficiently this season with this Troy-Bilt Zero-Turn Mower
- 25 HP Briggs & Stratton Intek Twin Cylinder Engine with an added oil filter and a dual hydro-static transmission for ultimate performance
- Equipped with four deck gauge wheels and a rear roller for added efficiency
- A very large 54-inch high performance deck plus Dual Deck Wash
- A floating front axle and a fuel site gauge for your convenience
This mower is long-lasting and known for its durable performance. Given its cost, it is much cheaper than the average zero-turn tractor.
Ariens 25HP 60″ ZTR Tractor
The Ariens Company has been manufacturing the equipment’s since 1933. The Ariens Max Zoom has all the features that turn it into a commercial Zero Turn Mower. Apart from its commercial-grade design, take a look at some of its features:
- Engine– It features a Premium 25 HP Kohler 7000 Series Pro V-twin-cylinder engine. Its Zero turning radius works great around the obstacles and saves your time. It travels up to 8 MPH forward and 4 MPH in reverse for efficient mowing. It has 6-gallon fuel capacity to help minimize the need for refueling.
- Deck– The 60 inches cutting deck mows more grass in fewer passes and less cutting time. The 10-gauge fabricated and welded steel deck ensures durability.
- Settings– The deck height is adjustable in 9 positions ranging from a 1-inch cut to 5 inches cut with a foot-operated deck lift which makes the adjustments easier.It featuresTwin ZT3100 Hydrostatic transaxles that deliver high unmatched power.
- Comfort– There is plenty of leg room and the handlebars swing out for easy accessibility to the operator’s seat. The adjustable high-back seat with armrests provides operator support.
It includes 1-year limited commercial or 3-year limited consumer warranty. It is one of the best durable models in the market.
ZTR’s will be much larger than other types of mowers. So, storage can be an issue in case you are considering it for residential purposes. Moreover, they demand frequent maintenance.
But once you start using them, you will be amazed by the quality and it won’t be possible to shift to any other type of mower.